Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On the Road Again

Tomorrow, I head out for my second year in the field with American Voices to support their Yes Academy performing arts youth academies in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon.  Looking forward to my annual shot of inspiration and field experience- my own version of the "Cultural Policy Peace Corps".  This year, to appease my family and friends, none of which were particularly keen on me visiting a region known for conflict, I have agreed to blog in order to be in contact more frequently and to share the experience more broadly.  So, for the next five weeks, I will do my best to provide an inside and mostly informal look at adventures in a cultural policy worker's life on the road. I can promise meanderings, tangents, cool photos, jet lagged commentary and perhaps even once in awhile even something profound or useful to the ongoing conversations in cultural policy and cultural engagement.

Bags about to be packed, insurance waived for war regions, and giving up blackberry for a whole 6 weeks-which may be the hardest part of all.

A bientot!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment